Friday, September 11, 2009

Some thoughts, thank yous and "Children" for the man who's e-mail address I lost

Hello World,

At the moment my Poem Shop is on hiatus (rain, chill, classes, distance between Upper West side and 13th & University), meaning if you stop by during my usual hours you will NOT find me writing. For this I am sorry. I truly would love nothing more than to sit and watch your grumpy/quizzical/smiling/insert-adjective-here faces file past, then backtrack and ask me for poems. SO, this is how it is going to work from now on until I can set up a regular schedule again. I will post either the night before, or the morning of, my location and hours. I doubt anyone checks this blog that often, but if one does, I will be findable. In any case, I will still be writing poems and will still be posting them here. 

Second order of business: I would like to thank a few people that have helped me out over the summer. First, family (though you all probably never read this), second Kale and the three french poodles (they are french poodles, right?), Charlie (I hope that is your name) and basset hound Cecilia who brought me water every morning, and the doormen at 8 University Pl. The guys from Cinema Village (is that where you work?). Just putting that out there. William. And of course all of my customers (kindest, most generous). 

Finally: 

I don't remember what your name is, but you wanted a poem about "Children" (you came by with your fiancée/girlfriend/significant other and bought another poem a week or two after asking for this one). Anyway, I moved and lost your e-mail in the move. Since I haven't seen you/won't see you for a while and want you to get your $2 worth, here is your poem:

Children

manifest temptation and the cycle of sin repeating to no end
causation causation and DNA replication
one in another and one in another
one and one two and two being one, now three
define on what is not
define on possiblity
define concepts arrived at at youth
youth begetting youth
still youth
cyclical errors and time misspent
buckle down, clench teeth, get to it
below the threshold of higher human capability
animalistic tendency, rip open the box. 

Anayvelyse
September 11, 2009
New York, NY


No comments:

Post a Comment