Thursday, July 9, 2009

7/09/09

In-between

In-between the silence
the shake of a maraca
heard across a hallway
the space between our apartment and theirs
your pause equalling the length of mine
the celebratory sound punctuating the moment
how to continue, this silence broken
the space between getting asymptotically closer
the inbetween never ending

--------------------

Life

black insects with red tint
i find them crawling, my desk
full of them
breed, class i have no
patience
these minute clues
into the lives of potential
tormentors
blood suckers, disease
spreaders, i take a heavy book
Gray's Anatomy
I smash.


---------------------

Something short about stars

reaching to grab the constellation
the black ink of the sky
i paint myself
child of the night i become
bright lights piercing the air
they glow from my skin
the sky reaches back for me
I melt in its darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment