Friday, July 24, 2009

7/24/09

Irascible

The radio announcer
when the show's gone wrong
you see him through the glass wall
his head in hands
shouting at all that disturb his
delicate solitude
an image out of a fifties film
picturesque disquietude

---------------------------

Shaniqua is crazy

the frightened rabbit in the coop
hearing the sound of the jackal outdoors
ah, how the fear streams through fur
as if anticipating the external flow of blood
the jackal unknowing, unseeing, unsmelling
loud, boisterous, he laughs at the moon.

---------------

Sparrow

Looking to skip stones riverside,
I told you
"you look like a sparrow"
and what I meant you didn't understand
though not some idea lost in translation
more the words pouring out my mouth a nonsensical flow of emotion
I meant to say:
"there is something in your cheekbones, your nose, your mouth,
something decidedly bird-like
resembling specifically a sparrow"
and there were other things, too
your teeth, which I think are a 7.2
and more...and more...

-------------------------

Poem for Jennie

there is something that catches me
each
and every
time
I look at those waves of color
as they distribute themselves
over the cover of your mind
sometimes it's a swooning feeling
otherwise just a
hello

No comments:

Post a Comment